Call for Submissions
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 1st 2018!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Union for Radical Political Economics invites submissions for presentations at our 50th Anniversary Conference and Celebration on September 27-30 2018, at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Proposals for individual papers or presentations, complete panels, and streams of panels are welcome.
While many radical organizations were founded in the social, political, and economic upheavals of the 1960s, URPE is among the few that remain active and vital. We invite current, former, and potential members of URPE, community members, and friends and family to join us in our celebration of this important anniversary.
This conference will take the form of roundtables, workshops, and structured discussions that together will constitute a collective presentation of the past, present, and future of URPE and the field of radical political economics as a whole. We welcome proposals that address these in the form of academic papers, as well as less formal presentations including oral histories. Proposals for complete panels are particularly welcome. Information about housing, programming, and transportation will be posted shortly on the URPE website.
If you have any questions about submissions, please contact the URPE National Office at email@example.com.
All proposals must be submitted through our Jotform page.
- Please click here to submit your proposal for an individual paper or presentation.
- Please click here to submit your proposal for a complete panel.
- Please click here to submit your proposal for a roundtable discussion.
The deadline for submissions is June 1st 2018. Submissions received after the original April 15th deadline will be reviewed on a rolling space-available basis.
Please be advised:
1. Presenters should be current or former URPE members. Joining or renewing your membership can be done easily on the URPE website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about membership. Conference registration for current members will be significantly discounted relative to current non-members.
2. Full panels should include a minimum of 3 presenters.
3. Proposals must clearly indicate the full names, email addresses, and institutional affiliations (if any) of the participants (including discussants). The titles of the papers or presentations, and an abstract or description (not to exceed 250 words) for each should also be included.
4. Submit your proposal for participation in the program of the URPE 50th Anniversary Celebration and Conference through the links given above.